2017 Develop a Diamond Academy
The 2017 Develop a Diamond Academy Program is the required pathway for athlete selection for the 15 & Under State Schoolgirls team, which will compete in December 2017. Selections took place October, November and December 2016 and regional training commenced in February 2017. The athletes will attend the Develop a Diamond Academy Carnival on Saturday 10th June 2017 at the Silverdome in Launceston.
2018 Develop a Diamond Academy
The 2018 Develop a Diamond Academy Program is the required pathway for athlete selection for the 15 & Under State Schoolgirls team. The Program targets athletes who will be 14 or 15 years of age as at the 31st December 2018.
Information about selection trials will be released on 2nd October 2017.
Squads participate in weekly regional trainings commencing in February and attend the Develop a Diamond Academy Carnival mid-year.
The program has regional squads throughout Tasmania:
- 2x South
- 1x Kingston
- 2x North
- 1x Devon
- 1x Burnie
- 1x North-East
All athletes standing for selection must be registered with Netball Tasmania. Athletes who are not a registered member will need to apply for a single day game registration with their nearest association to participate in selections.
If selected in the Develop a Diamond Academy Program, athletes must register as a full junior member in 2018 with their nearest association.
Athletes from associations and schools outside of these regions would be encouraged to trial for the squad closest to their region; i.e. Circular Head athletes trial for the Burnie squad.
More information about the 2018 Develop a Diamond Academy Program selections will be released on 2nd October 2017.
Athlete commitment for each stage
Starting February 2018:
- Up to 12 weeks of training for up to 1.5hrs – to be scheduled by the Develop a Diamond Academy Coach, plus a home program and any planned education sessions necessary to complete the program.
- 2017 Develop a Diamond Academy Carnival
- Cost of program $70.
If selected from the Carnival:
- Attend Phase 2 Camp training in Launceston and Hobart (dates TBA)
If selected from Phase 2:
- 8 – 10 weeks state training
- Regional midweek training sessions.
- Travel to School Sport Australia 2018 National Netball Championships
- A levy of $1,000 will be invoiced to those selected to attend, to assist with the cost of travel and accommodation.
- Netball Tasmania reserves the right to invite overage athletes to attend Phase 2 trainings and they can be eligible for the State Team.
For more information please contact:
Player Development Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org / 03 6282 1825 / 0400 659 106